Thursday, March 27, 2008

Au revoir!

In about 2 weeks time a good friend of mine would be moving to pastures new (the tropical Costa Rica and the freezing Montreal in the short term and eventually to the beautiful Geneva!). So I thought it would be a good time to take a quick break from my unbelievably crazy work schedule (I don’t miss a chance to let the world know that I am working my a^$ off do I?) and wish her good luck. I have not met anybody like K. (Given that my life has revolved around the same 20 people for the best part of 25 years nobody is surprised).

She lives life to the fullest enjoying every infinitesimal detail that comes along. I say this at the risk of offending the likes of Monica Geller’s of this world that she has to be the epitome of a leading an organized life. I have had an amazing time with her for the best part of 2 years of my stay in Bermuda. The chic hunting classes/ boat rides/Montreal trips were super fun. I don’t think I stopped laughing for a good 15 minutes when you sent that famous email of yours. (you know which one) I am still wondering who was more embarrassed.. me or you?

One final apology for all the annoying tamil conversations that we had when you were around. It is really surprising that despite all the sophisticated men around you chose to hang around with juveniles like me. I have to say that Bermuda and the weekend gathering would be a poor place when you are gone.

Good luck with everything that lies ahead and hope you get the best in everything, for you deserve nothing less.

Merci pour les mémoires! You will be missed.

So long!

Cheers
S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad! the writing skills are getting better and better!!

But got to agree with you, we are going to miss the long walks to get "BAGEL" and even more heartbreaking would be that, we need to PLAN out our weekends and the days ahead.

Karine said...

Well, thank you for the kind words.
I have a great time wih you guys - the MTL trip was great fun. We all remember the waitress at Bonta Note - red dress, clevage - greygoose vodka.

We will meet up on an annual base - no wories :)

Anonymous said...

At last you have written something worth reading in your blog.
Yes we all owe a big thanks to Karine for all the Mojitos, Margaritas and much much more. You will be missed.