Wednesday, October 28, 2009

….and Chandler has finally met his Monica

The gods were conspiring- keeping a couple of my very close male friends single for a long time; the Delhi High court was conspiring with its landmark judgment recently. For long it just seemed destined to happen- as Jerry and George contend and I agree -not that there is anything wrong with that. I was even contemplating my own “Sharath ka swayamvar” on national television but none of the producers seem too interested- What???? you cant blame me I am sure I am more likeable and interesting than Ms Sawant.

Then came along S – a cost accountant and a MBA and more importantly sweet, intelligent and very understanding. I promise I wont bore you with details of how magnificent S is and how rosy my life has been for the past few months (but hell yeah she is fantastic). S was born and brought up in Mumbai- (Ooi- You lot at the back I can hear all the sniggering about how much I used to hate Mumbai- When did I even say a that????- Mumbai is brilliant and have always wanted to live thereJ-) and works as a relationship manager in a leading bank in Mumbai. We got officially engaged today and wedding will be on March 22nd.

As boring as it might sound I am a person who likes a routine- I am looking forward to waking up next to the same person for the rest of my life. S brings a sense of method to all my madness – and by god there is a lot of madness that she has to deal with. I am slowly trying to adjust to the responsibility that comes along with being in a relationship and learning a lot of things the hard way (I know we haven’t even started living together and there is already so much work to do- I can only imagine what it would be like when we do get married). But I wouldn’t have it any other way and wouldn’t want to have this with any one other than S

Can’t wait for March

Cheers
S

PS: For those of you who have come up with the whole-“ S has lost a bet with her friends and as punishment they are making her marry me”- Haha very clever very funny- I am not that bad- Hope S agreesJ-

9 comments:

Anon said...

I know I should boost your ego and say Sharath ka Swayamvar would have been a magnificent show and that you'd have been a prize catch...but I can't...just can't do it. In fact I am glad it didn't come to it.

On a serious note though, congrats on your engagement - you seem to be enjoying it. Good luck for a fantastic married life.

Unknown said...

Romantic side of Sharath. Man, I just could not stop laughing reading this. Tell me, honestly, weren't you blushing till the last word that you wrote.

But seriously, very happy for you. Congratulations on your engagement. party time in March, eh?

Daari said...

Congrats da.

i can vouch for the change in ur behaviour - U watching a english movie at theatres!!! change is inevitable and ur the latest living example :-)

Aparna said...

congragulations and welcome to the family !!

Vatsa said...

Congrats mate :-) Join the band wagon. I think it was very sensible to make up this so fast, till "S" got to know the real you ... yeah but that can wait till Mar, I guess :-) Welcome to "S" into the family.

Bala Nagarajan said...

I almost forgot to call you! Thanks for this reminder blog..I was wondering what to do this Sunday afternoon, now I have something interesting up my sleeve! Speak soon, and oh, congratulations :P

Peppermint Patty said...

Wow, Awesome, Brilliant, Great News!!! Many congratulations!! Do old friends have to visit your blog to learn of such awesome developments?!!! COngrats again!

Dinesh said...

Even in the worst of my dreams i would not say Ms Sawant is a better gift to the world than you are!! But you saying it urself is not too modest!! Try humility at times too... It is a good virtue, i'm trying to understand!!

You and prize catch??? Nah, dont think so mate! A prize catch is one all want and no one gets, not a leftover :-)

Jokes apart, believe me when i say, am so happy you found ur match! One of the few people in the world i was worried abt finding "the" match rather than a match! (Probably i did care enough!) No harm in saying how many ever times that she is fantastic da!! The difference as you will soon realise is that pre-marriage you will tell the world and post-m will go in telling her that!! :) :)I dont know why i never bothered replying earlier, i sent an sms for which i as usual never got a reply! Have a ball!! (You however have me confused and thinking with the one person wake up theory!!)

Unknown said...

baha.