Thursday, April 24, 2008

10 Things that have made me laugh/smile recently

1) How all my recently committed or married friends have been asking me “Dei. Are you sure you are not hiding anything from me. I can’t believe a guy like you is STILL single. (Do you guys even know me???)- They completely miss the irony that they all decided to let me know about their marital status after considerable delay.
2) Have you guys noticed that the rhymes Twinkle Twinkle little star and the ABCD sing to the same tune.- Amazing I have missed this for so long for as a kid I hardly knew 5 rhymes
3) I just realized that despite being a guy with simple needs in life my desire to earn more money is just gargantuan- I am not even a miser!
4) Reading a newspaper article about the BJP not wanting sex education to be a part of the curriculum in government school- Can some please tell them we have the second largest population in the world. There is absolutely no way we can be ashamed/embarrassed of the words intercourse / arousal. We are experts in this game.
5) The likes of Ishant / Ponting Dhoni/Hayden celebrating each other’s success a mere two months after wanting to kill each other- Money sure talks
6) Every conversation that I have had with my patti has led to her remark “ All I am hoping is to see you get married this year or Bharath having kids soon”. Eg. I call my patti at about 6.00 AM on Tamil New Year’s to wish her and she goes like….”Intha… (fill with the name of the tamil year) varshathla onnaku oru nalla CA ponna pathu kalyanam panni vekkanam”- I have never seen such bloody minded-obsession with a single task in life from anyone…and that lady is a sweet 82- God Bless!
7) Shah Rukh Khan with his ridiculous dance movements in the IPL T-20 every time the camera focuses on him- Now I am looking forward to an article in the our newspapers telling us about Shah Rukh’s infectious exuberance pushing the Kolkatta Night Riders to seek glory.- The man has invested sh*t loads of money and he is literally pooping in his pants- that ain’t a dance.
8) Honestly, I don’t know which is funnier- Getting a one year old married to a dog to keep him free from diseases all his life or giving a radio set, a gold ring and other household articles as dowry to the groom.- What has this world come to?

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/oneyearold-boy-married-to-dog-in-orissa/61788-13.html

9) Shriya Saran’s inspiring speech at the SIAA’s protest fast against Karnataka. The female has absolutely no clue about the whole protest. And we thought blondes were dumb! (No offence meant- I love you gals equally if not more than the brunettes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Its9OX5ixck

10) Dinner table conversation with my friends :

M: I don’t know how all Filipinos end up looking the same. They are all surprisingly short
Me: Their parents basically prayed to god to given them a daughter who is beautiful and is six feet tall. God in his infinite wisdom gave them double their wish. He gave them 2 pretty daughters who are three feet each.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny...

More insight into the complex if not disturbed mind of Sharath...
Speaking of which, points 4 and 8 make me wonder if India is actually advancing or is the rest of the world dumbing down...

Anonymous said...

Most of them i have already heard from him though i am curious to see Shriya's video.
Your patti knows how tough it is to get a girl for you, the sooner you start the process the better are your prospects of getting married by 35!!!!

Pramod said...

So when is the considerable delay gonna be over??? :P:P

Was interesting to see Ishant and Pnter, Haydos and Dhoni celebrate, also to see Dhoni shouting "Shabaash Murli" and Rohit and Symmo combining in the field and Pidge and Asif bowling in tandem, among other things. Its a kinda novelty, i guess.

I saw Shriyas video!!! The obsession of film stars in whats gonna hurt a lot in TN.

And, I've noticed a lot of bloggrs coming up with lists, when its been a while, or when they are bored, or dont have a particular topic to write about. Interesting to see a pattern in that too!!!

Peppermint Patty said...

Nice post, though I think the 10 should've been 1!
As for #6 and #1, maybe they hav a point! seems you've achieved too much too soon! so you should slow down a bit ;-)

Sharath said...

Hey Pramod,

There is going to be a considerable delay in the considerable delaying being over. You have to wait for a while and maybe I will surprise you one day.

Gowri, I am really proud of myself for coming up with 10. Dont quite agree with you on your comments about 1 & 6.

Thanks for visiting

Cheers
S